February 18, 2018

Breakfast - Vegan - Gluten Free


I'd love to create one of those amazing breakfast smootie bowls I see on Insta, but the reality is when I've tried, I end up with a mucky looking bowl of sinking fruit soup 😂😊😂
Doesn't matter 😉 I love Weet Bix, this one is Gluten Free and made with Sorghum, a great option for Celiacs who can't tolerate oats. The much cheaper and healthy whole grain "wheat" Weet Bix is still a fantastic Vegan option for most people.
I spread some tahini or peanut butter on the biscuits (they are there under the fruit 😉) with a little strawberry jam. Stick the banana on top of that and pile high with berries. Fresh berries for now, the cheaper option is frozen berries. A sprinkle of cinnamon, topped with warm cashew milk...and my must have cup of coffee...
Breakfast is delicious! 🌱😍🍌🍓☕😋☕🍓🍌😍🌱 and eaten much earlier than this post is coming out!
It's packed with carbs for easy to utilise energy for my brain and body, the all important fibre for digestive health, protein for growth and repair and nutrients galore 😁🙌💪🙌😁 This is about 57 carbs for type1 diabetics out there 😉 I weigh and calculate every thing I eat and have never been in better control on a high carb, low fat, whole food plant based diet, I have lower, more stable blood sugars and less insulin too, even with eating more delicious food 😋😁💪😁😋
It's great to be able to tick off so many boxes on Dr Greger's daily dozen too 😃👍🙌👍😃

🌱💞😙💞🌱 Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed