February 2, 2011

Happy New Year of the Rabbit!



I don't think I've ever experienced such a turbulent year as the last, my family and I moved house in August, 6 hours away from my birth town, it was an adventure we were all ready for and excited about, but moving is stressful even more so when you have to allow for chronic health problems, and there is also that problem of selling our old house! Soon after, my younger sister, and little buddy forever, nearly died in two medical emergencies, it was a devastating time for us all.... Hoping that the calendar new year would bring in a positive change, we then unexpectently lost our dear Grandad, he fought for nearly a month in the hospital on a respirator. The doctors finally told us last week there was no more hope, so with a heavy heart I write this post....also with a hopeful heart, the year of the rabbit promises to be less of a roller coaster ride than the last year of the tiger, I hope the little rabbit follows through on her promises and I will take her lead and re-begin my goals for what seems like the umpteenth time, I won't give up although sometimes I feel like it.

So, I begin again, sitting in my studio, feeling the first waves of inspiration fill me as I look at my knick knacks and craft supplies......two bears waiting to be photographed on my work table that I started in December last year, I have been snatching opportunities to work on my beloved soft sculpture over the last months and these two littlies have been pleading for their photos to be taken so they can get on with their lives and find a family, I can't help feeling guilty each time I glimpse them sitting amongst a mess of cottons and patterns on my table, waiting, waiting patiently for me to find the time to see to them.

We love our new home and town, and feel so grateful to have made our escape to the country, especially each time we open the windows and feel the country sea breeze blowing through the house, knowing that back home in the city they are experiencing heat waves.....ahh bliss!! Life will get easier again, we are all set to enjoy our new life, but life has thrown us a few awful curve balls, I guess feeling loss so deeply only means that you love and are loved, and that is the most important thing in life I believe :)

So, Happy New Year on the 3rd of February, I am embracing this celebration as my own, may the year of the Rabbit bring you health, happiness and success in all you do! XX

4 comments:

  1. You certainly love and are loved Sarah :) Your every so sparkling spirit will soon make your heavy heart a bit lighter again. I do hope that the year of the rabbit will treat you and your family kindly. Maybe those bears need a little bunny friend to celebrate the new year ;)

    Will write a long novel to you soon, I promise. Kayla sends kisses and little doggy paw waves to you too. Big hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, my sweet friend. I have been thinking about you lately. I know that loss all too well. You take care of yourself. I can't wait to see what sweet critters you are creating.
    Hugs,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Sarah, I am so sorry to hear of your Grandad, he had a wonderful loved life. I do hope your sis is recovering ok and that this bunny year will bring you peace and calmer waters. Sending the biggest hugs, do write soon and take good care, Cath xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much my dear dear friends xxx had another slight remission into my hobbit hole but I'm back again!! Hope the good intentions last a little longer this time ;-) love and hugs to you all :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed