February 21, 2011

Favourite things...

I'm feeling a bit sad, of course I'm still getting over my grief, but my arthritis is flaring, and swollen fingers bring on the fear and upset of not being able to do the things I love, I know the stressful time I've been having has probably lead to my flare, so I need to relax a little and get some balance back into my life and not push my limits so much. A dear friend of mine told me to keep focusing on my favourite things, so taking her advice here are a few photos of the things that brighten my corner of the world...no matter how deflated I feel....
My Mum brought these tiny cookies back from her visit to Hahndorf, they were so sweet, I put them on one of her old little tea plates to take a photo, before I ate them all ;) Cute aren't they!
Because I was doing so poorly back home, mum also bought me a couple of presents, a gorgeous toadstool! Don't ya just love the flowers and sparkly gems :) If you didn't know, mushrooms and toadstools are some of my favourite things to collect....after all, fairies and gnomes shelter under them :)
I collect trinket boxes and perfume bottles too, so she brought me the butterfly bottle at the back, its so pretty :) Sparkly things always cheer me up, so a dressing table full of things that glint and shimmer is bliss :)
My favourite books....some of them anyway...I have sooo many. These always make me smile, dream and wonder.....
My boy, in play, waiting for me to kick his ball to him, by my side always, sickness or health :) hehe
I love my fairy doll Cricket, I've had her for soooo long now, I made her from the green ware stage way back when I was 17 years old! I would like to buy her a new wig one of these days, and make her some new wings too.....
and if all else fails, our sunsets are gorgeous here.....imagine the whole sky, as if the clouds had been painted with a fine wispy brush in a gorgeous shades of pink......ahhhhh :)


3 comments:

  1. Awww Sarah I'm so sorry you're experiencing a flare up especially at such a hard time in your life with your recent loss. Gosh darn it! I sooo hope you start to feel better soon, I know looking at all these photos of your favorite things sure brightened my day :) Make sure to get lots of rest and snuggles with Pippin and get better real quick ok? Sending lots of hugs and love your way, Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snags a cookie* a pink one of course... pink makes me feel happy, and i always feel better when i'm happy lol :o) Hope you feel better soon too hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay Sarah,

    Your blog is very nice.
    And your bears are lovely.
    I follow your blog.
    Please take a look into my world.

    Marijke
    www.marijkevanooijen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed