November 4, 2009

Happy Halloween

We don't really celebrate Halloween here in Australia, I think it stinks, but after a Canadian friend of mine sent me a little "care package" and gave me a taste of how much fun it is, I couldn't help going out to the few stores we have here with Halloween supplies and spending up big. I felt I needed the cheering up this October anyway, (thats my excuse ;) So, our living room had a big spook job (as well as this amateur aussie can do anyway hehe). I ended up scaring myself with the fake spiders more than once which was quite funny, the fake web is so sticky, how was I to know it was attached to my foot with a plastic spider and a real one wasn't actually chasing me ;)
Anyway, going all out in the baking department too, I tried a famous USA Pumpkin Pie recipe, I wasn't sure about it at first taste, but it grew on me and I ended up eating nearly the whole thing on my own lol. Spooky cookies and cupcakes were another treat. yum!

My little bear Esme found a loving home in England, but poor Jasper is still waiting for the right person to take him home. I may place him on Ebay shortly.
So, until next time, I hope you had a fun Halloween, I envy all you trick or treaters out there ;)

3 comments:

  1. Actually, when we will celebrate Halloween in Germany only since 2 to 3 years of something. Came from America to Germany in any way ... lol.
    See your pictures from class. Of these, I would have liked to nibble something.
    Warm regards from the village
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean!

    My mum first started making pumpkin pie last year following US recipes - the key is lots of cream and mayple syrup with it.

    We do carve up pumpkin and give out sweets here - it's slowly becoming more popular.

    Sad to hear that Jasper is still looking for a home - i'm suprised, cos he's lovely.

    Look forward to Esme arriving here in rainy England!

    Bear Hugs,
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great time preparing Halloween, dear Sarah!
    I hope you did not get sick eating all these cakes!

    You should visit my blog, as I gave you an award...
    Have fun!

    hugs,
    Sophie.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed