November 24, 2015

Ginger Biscuits - Vegan - Gluten Free



I love ginger biscuits! Not only do they taste great, but ginger is fantastic for stomach complaints especially nausea. They are so yummy to nibble on, and because they are made with nutritious ingredients, they add to your good food intake for the day, not the naughty extras, how cool is that! 

These are vegan and gluten free and sweetened with maple syrup.  My sweetness need has lowered dramatically since changing my eating habits, this doesn't happen overnight but little by little. If this recipe isn't sweet enough for you, add a little more and a little less next time you make them to wean off. My family who still eat "normal food" like them, so it should be fine anyway. 

Here is the recipe for my ginger biscuits...

1 cup ground cashews  
1/2 cup ground almonds 
1/2 cup coconut flour
6 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt
1/4 cup nut milk

Bake in a preheated oven 160 Celsius for approximately 8-10 minutes depending on the size of your biscuits.  15 - 20 minutes for bigger biscuits.


Grind the nuts and flour together in your food processor 


It will look like flour when finished, it won't take too long 20-30 seconds in mine


Add the rest of the ingredients.


Now to bring out my cookie cutter collection! 


Some of these I've had since I was a child. 


The dough rolls out very easy


I think I'll choose butterflies... 


Very easy to cut. Who said gluten free cooking is hard? It's definitely easier than wheat flour. 


They break away no hassles. Easy peasy. 


And they are done, so easy and the taste delicious!


Hehe, butterfly for my butterfly puppy. 


Yummy yummy, scrummylicious! 


Now to get them back in the tin lol they fit them so snug and there is a process we need an instruction sheet for lol

Hope you enjoy, x Sarah and Pippin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed