November 24, 2015

Ginger biscuits on a sunny afternoon



I love ginger biscuits! Not only do they taste great, but ginger is fantastic for stomach complaints especially nausea. They are so yummy to nibble on, and because they are made with nutritious ingredients, they add to your good food intake for the day, not the naughty extras, how cool is that! 

These are gran free, gluten free and daily free and I only use raw honey for sweetness. My sweetness need has lowered dramatically since changing my eating habits, this doesn't happen overnight but little by little. If this recipe isn't sweet enough for you, add a little more honey and a little less next time you make them to wean off. My family who still eat "normal food" like them, so it should be fine anyway. 

Here is the recipe for my ginger biscuits... 

1 cup cashews, ground, see photo below. 

1/2 cup almonds, ground, see photo below

1/2 cup coconut flour

1 true free range egg

1/3 cup melted coconut oil

2 tablespoons raw honey

1/2  teaspoon vanilla bean powder or paste... 
(Just make sure it's the real stuff, it's better for you and yummiest!) 

3 teaspoons powdered ginger root

1 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon 

Pinch of salt

Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees C they will be ready in 8-10 minutes. Small cookies take less time, bigger cookies take longer. 


Grind the nuts and flour together in your food processor 


It will look like flour when finished, it won't take too long 20-30 seconds in mine


Add the rest of the ingredients, try and add the melted coconut oil last or it will harden again. 


Now to bring out my cookie cutter collection! 


Some of these I've had since I was a child. 


The dough rolls out very easy


I think I'll choose butterflies... 


Very easy to cut. Who said gluten free cooking is hard? It's definitely easier than wheat flour. 


They break away no hassles. Easy peasy. 


And they are done, so easy and the taste delicious! Also, they don't become rock hard if you leave them too long in the oven like normal gingerbread. I think I may make a house this year.. 


Hehe, butterfly for my butterfly puppy. The only ingredient in this that can't be easily digested is almonds. They are non toxic otherwise. One here and there isn't going to hurt him, much better than processed treats, that's my judgement, trust your own please. If you want to be completely safe to share with your pooch, skip the almonds and make the nut component completely cashews. Always, always, research each ingredient before giving to your dog, avocados, macadamias... And many more of our healthful foods are poisonous to dogs. 


Yummy yummy, scrummylicious! 


Now to get them back in the tin lol they fit them so snug and there is a process we need an instruction sheet for lol

Hope you enjoy, x Sarah and Pippin 

1 comment:

  1. I must try making these! The only ingredient I have not yet found is raw honey, so will use a little natural maple syrup. Thanks for writing up all your recipes xx

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed