October 22, 2017

Veggie Loaf - Vegan - Gluten Free

 Yum, I love eating this meal! The veggie loaf is so easy to make and so tasty, and to top it off, a big serve of baked potatoes, that taste like fries, no oil! As much potato as I like? Yes, absolutely! It's one of the many perks of being a complete herbivore! The snap peas are growing like mad in my garden, so I choose to put them on my plate too. This meal provides a big boost to my nutrient needs, as shown below on my Cronometer analysis.

This is what one portion of my Veggie Loaf will provide.
Add 2 potatoes, about 2 cups of chopped cooked potato and wow, look at that! Before I became a Vegan, I had no idea how much good stuff simple foods like potatoes had in them!  Amazing!  I LOVE plants!!!

So, let's get to the fun part, cooking! Which will lead to the best part...eating!!!!

You'll need...

1 small red onion
4 cloves of garlic

I water saute these for about 5 minutes before adding

3 medium carrots
1 small beetroot
1 large stalk celery (or 5 of my delicious peppermint stick celery from my garden. Its smaller, less watery, but much tastier!)

Cook this up for about 10 minutes, adding a bit more water as needed, until the veg is softening. Let this cool until just warm.
Now, into the food processor place.

Your prepared veggie mix
1 cup cooked chick peas
 2/3 cup walnuts or peacans
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons coconut aminos (I like to use the teriyaki blend)
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
3 tablespoons flaxmeal
1 teaspoon salt
 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
2 tablespoons fresh Oregano

Mix this all in the food processor until it comes together. Don't over mix, stop when it looks combined, wipe down the sides, before giving another couple of seconds and it will be fine.


 Put it into a preheated 200 degree Celsius oven for 40 minutes. If you want those potatoes, get them in now too. I just cut them up and put them on a baking sheet lined with foil or baking paper.  They can stick a little, but pretty easy to get off, if you choose to be oil free like I do.
 Pull it out.  Cut it up.  Use a spatula to lift out individual portions.
 And enjoy!

Yuuummmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed