October 10, 2013

Lunch time just got better!


I've been researching making my own flat bread the past two weeks. There are sooo many recipes out there, it was actually making me more confused than not trying to figure out which to try, what ingredients to use.

I found this one today, and thought I'd give it a go, even though I didn't have coconut flour or psylium.

http://byebyegluten.blogspot.ca/2012/02/easy-grain-free-flatbread-20.html

So, as usual, I made it up as I went along, and it's actually very good, my sister ate her lunch with smiles, mmmmm's and this tastes like café bread... all good signs I hope!

So here is my recipe - I've come to enjoy my sit down to write in my blog after being busy in the kitchen experimenting...

Recipe.....

Add to a mixing bowl,

1 cup gluten free flour mix,
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch mixed herbs
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 - 2 cups boiling water ( this could differ slightly depending on flour mix, batter should be of medium-thick consistency and coat a spoon thickly)

Combine flour, egg, salt, herbs and garlic, add coconut oil and then add boiling water gradually.
Whisk whisk whisk!

Season a fry pan with coconut oil and heat up to hot, season with coconut oil, using a ladle, half fill for small bread, full ladle for classic wrap, pour into rounds and once the top is set, wait a little longer, about a minute to cook underside propetly, then turn, wait until the other side is cooked. Let cool or eat warm. Yum!


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to trying this when i get the ingredients :) x

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed