October 4, 2013

Gluten, Dairy Free Caramel Slice for Someone Special

My beautiful sister is the strongest bravest person I know, she's been through some of the worst times imaginable, all while retaining her loving, generous, positive spirit and smile.  She amazes me constantly and inspires me always. She just finished with another surgery and while sitting and chatting with her about our healthy eating plan, she asked if a healthy version of caramel slice could be made... So my mission was set, and after sorting through many Paleo, Gluten free etc recipes on Pinterest, I came across this one.

http://www.mummymade.it/2013/08/caramel-slice.html

Mine turned out like this


I followed the recipe for the biscuit base ( yum, I'll use this for other things again)

I followed the chocolate topping, except....I added a heaping tablespoon of stevia granules, ah, my sweet tooth still demands a little more...

The caramel, or condensed milk didn't work so well for me, I don't know why, it had simmered for an hour but wasn't thickening, so, I added two eggs and it thickened up nicely on the stove, plus adds to a richer nicer taste.  I'm so glad I can eat eggs, non cruelty of course from our lovely friends farm :-) 

So that's it, yum! This recipe took some time, but I learnt a lot from it, and it's yummy too :-) plus the smile on my lovely sistors face and clean plate make my heart happy. Love you sooo much my little Laura xxx

Next challenge?.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed