October 8, 2013

Anyone for Pancakes?

It seems I can't stop cooking lately! I am totally enjoying learning and experimenting with my food changes. The next thing I want to make from scratch, gluten free, dairy free is bread wraps, pancakes, Naan bread, all the wraps :-)

So after looking at a multitude of recipes and getting confused, I decided to do my usual dash of this and splash of that, "feel" way of cooking I've come to enjoy and trust.  I've made pancakes a million times, it can't be that wrong to just switch ingredients and go with my intuition.... Sooo.... this happened, and they taste good! Quite good actually.

Gluten and dairy free pancakes...


Remember these quantities are not exact, everyone likes their pancakes their own way, I like mine slightly thin and cooked through. Add liquid or flour to suit :-)

I began with a cup of almond milk
Whisk in one egg
A pinch of salt
A teaspoon honey
My flour mix consists of - maize and rice flours, maize and tapioca starch. I'm buying Macro brand for now, soon enough I'll work on my own.
I used 3/4 cup of flour and whisk whisk :-)

I used my medium fry pan, heat on 3/4 of the way, I used a small amount of coconut oil before each use and two big spoons per pancake. Once the top is set, flip, wait another 40 seconds or so, out and on to the next one :-)

I tried these as a savoury for lunch, buuuut, I found these were better with a drizzle of honey, almond, cashews, and some shredded coconut. If you are into eating coconut oil solid and straight for health benefits as I am, add some chunks of it too, it makes it taste even more delicious plus adds to your daily quota.



Have fun baking :-) 

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds good. I am pleased you are enjoying cooking.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed